Mar 29, 2014
12 Public Penises of Paris
106 of them. Poets, politicians, queens, saints, and figures from mythology. Everyone from Charles Baudelaire to Princess Anne de Beaujeau to Silenus, the God of Wine. Many muscular bodies, with enough frontal nudity to rival Prague or Washington DC. Here are the top 12 Pubic Penises of the Luxembourg Gardens:
1. Le faune dansant (Lequesne). A naked faun dancing and playing a trumpet.
2. L'acteur grec (Bourgeois). A flamboyant young actor from ancient Greece, holding his script.
3. Marius debout sur les ruines de Carthage (Vilain). Marius, naked except for a strategically-placed cloth, is gazing down on the ruins of Carthage.
5. Jeune vendangeur (Young Harvester, Dumilatre). The Young Harvester isn't carrying any harvesting equipment. He's a nude boy.
More after the break.
12. And don't forget the statue of Mercury on the Rue Soufflot, on the way to the Pantheon, the neoclassical mausoleum where many French greats are buried.
Or you can take the Rue de Vauvin south about five blocks to the Bains d'Odessa (5 rue d'Odessa), a massive gay bath house, also in a neoclassical style.
See also: A Beefcake Tour of the Louvre and A Beefcake Tour of the Musee d'Orsay.