If I had to select a religion based on beefcake alone, Jainism would be #1, where the holy men walk around naked.
But #2 would have to be Hinduism. Where else can you find a god who offers wisdom, compassion, and enlightenment plus a bodybuilder's physique?
And they make them big. Statues of Hindu gods are some of the tallest in the world. Here are the top 10 Public Penises of Hinduism.
The Trimurti, the three Great Gods who represent different aspects of the Divine, are a little too esoteric for representation. Only Lord Shiva, who destroys and transforms life, appears often.
1. Lord Shiva at Rishikesh, on the banks of the Ganges. It was washed away by flood waters in 2010.
2. There are several other statues of Lord Shiva that are even bigger. The one in Kachnar City, Jabalpur is 75 feet tall.
By the way, Mohit Raina (top photo) plays Lord Shiva in the popular Indian tv series Devon ke Dev (2011-)
3. Lord Vishnu, who preserves and maintains life, is represented by this very detailed -- and very large -- bust in Bali.
More after the break
7. This one in Chitrakoot, "The Home of the Gods," shows more of the reason for his incredible strength.
9. Lord Ganesha's brother, Lord Kartakeya, inherited their father's physique. Pilgrims to the Batu Caves near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, can see this 140 foot tall steel-and-gold-plate version.
This one from Kannada looks a lot like a penis, and has a naked Shiva in relief.
See also: A bodybuilding contest in India; The Temple of the Penis