1. Everybody walks around in t-shirts and shorts, even when it's cold outside.
2. Prime time starts at 7:00 pm.
3. "Dinner" is a noon meal.
4. It's not soda, it's "pop."
5. You have to smile all the time, or people ask you "what's wrong?"
6. You're supposed to talk about the weather. A lot.
7. There's a surprising amount of nudity or beefcake in public art.
Here are the Top 10 Public Penises:
1. "The Progress of the State" at the Minnesota State Capitol (see my post on Roadside Beefcake)
2. This muscular guy in underwear is on the front facade of Grace Lutheran Church in Mankato. I think he's the resurrected Christ.
4. Alexandria features a giant statue of a Viking, Big Ole, plus a giant replica of the Kensington Runestone (see my post on the runestone).
6. The Minnesota State football team is the Spartans, so Fergus Falls has a statue of a (fully clothed) Spartan.
7. There's another Viking, sword raised, in Spring Grove.
10. There's another muscular, semi-nude Indian on the grounds of the Kandiyohi County Courthouse in Willmar.
12. It also has a full range of ordinary male nudes, like this drawing of a youth by Benedetto Luti.