Dec 12, 2014

Spending the Night with Baptist Boys

When I finally managed to drop out of the Nazarene church, during my freshman year of college, my parents told me, "You don't have to be a Nazarene, but you can't be a heathen!  Find another church to go to!"

So I started going to my boyfriend Fred's United Methodist church. They thought that was ok.   A little too liberal, but ok.

After Fred and I broke up, I tried Catholic, Lutheran, and Russian Orthodox churches.  My parents were ok with that, too, as long as I didn't tell their Nazarene friends.

During my first year in grad school in Bloomington, Indiana, I joined the Baptist Student Fellowship.

My parents were horrified!

Nazarenes thought that Baptists were the ultimate evil.  At least the Catholics and Lutherans were open about worshipping idols and tearing apart the Bible, but the Baptists pretended to be Christians.

They believed the "once saved, always saved" heresy -- once you were saved, you could do whatever you wanted, from going to movies to dancing to saying bad words, and God wouldn't care.  Disgusting!


When I was a kid, the older boys at church whispered that since Baptists had no morals, they would "put out" for anybody.  So if you wanted a "sure thing" on a date, ask a Baptist girl.

The rest of the story, with uncensored photos, is on Tales of West Hollywood.