Jun 5, 2016

Spring 1991: The Naked Nordic God of the Icelandic Hot Springs

Iceland, Spring 1981

During my junior year at Augustana College, I declared a major in Modern Languages.  We had to become fluent in two languages and competent in a third, plus participate in one language club.

My languages were Spanish, French, and German, but their clubs were kind of boring, with bake sales, foreign-language films, and field trips to the Goethe Institut or the Alliance Fran├žaise in Chicago.

Everybody joined the Scandinavian Club -- they had an endowment from a wealthy alumnus, and paid most of the way for members to go on annual field trips to Scandinavia!

A different country every year, alternating between Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Iceland.

In my junior year, it was Iceland.

I would have preferred Norway, but I wasn't about to turn down ten days in the land of the Old Norse sagas and Nordic hunks for $300  ($1000 today).


There were 22 of us, 10 boys and 12 girls, plus two chaperones.

The full post, with nude photos and sexual situations, is on Tales of West Hollywood.