tumblr blog, David Corvine has published a number of black-and-white photos that expertly capture the paradox of male youth: innocence and experience, strength and fragility, infinite joy and profound sadness. I've only gone through the last two months, but I already have enough artist leads for a dozen posts.
1. A smoking boy by Danny Fitzgerald (1921-2000), who took male physique photographs with his partner and model Richard Bennett during the 1960s and published them as "Les Demi Dieux" (the demi-gods).
2. Boy with snake by Swiss photographer Walter Pfeiffer (1946-)
4. Contemporary artist Ricky Cohete photographs a slim youth against a backdrop of a once-opulent European street.
5. Matthew Brookes photographs a group of ballet dancers at the Paris Opera.
More after the break.
6. Boxers photographed by Milos Nasio.
7. A Ralph Lauren model. I don't know what he's selling.
8. Brooklyn Beckham, the 18-year old son of British footballer David Beckham, a model and aspiring photographer, author of What I See.
9. David Corvine