The First Trilogy
1. In which two jedi warriors intervene into a trade dispute on a distant planet and meanwhile meet Annakin Skywalker, a boy with special jedi powers. He grows into an impestuous teenager (played by Hayden Chistiansen, left), intervenes into an attempted galactic secession, and eventually goes over to the Dark Side, becoming the evil Darth Vader.
2. Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the jedi warriors who mentors Annakin Skywalker. The other is Obi Wan Kenobi, played by Ewan McGregor, who didn't make the list.
4. Hugh Quarshie as Captain Panaka, the captain of the queen's guard.
The Second Trilogy
5. In which young, impetuous Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) joins the rebellion against the evil Galactic Empire, run by the evil Darth Vader, and helps destroy the super-weapon called the Death Star. Luke eventually discovers that Darth Vader is his father, loses a hand, and destroys the Empire.
8. Billy Dee Williams as Lando Carissian, a wealthy benefactor to the resistance.
9. The Third Trilogy, in which a new group of rebels arise, called the First Order, but this time they're the bad guys. They're run by Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), who happens to be the son of Princess Leia and Han Solo from the previous trilogy. Only one movie has appeared to date.
10. John Boyega as Finn, a reformed stormtrooper who joins forces with the Resistance (a paramilitary group dedicated to squashing the First Order).
11. Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, a resistance fighter who buddy bonds with Finn.