27. Alaska. Flew up to Anchorage for a job interview. No time for hookups, but I did get a sausage sighting in the men's room at the Club Paris.
30. Nevada. If you think trying to pick up the bartender is tough, try the croupier at a blackjack table at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.
31. California. Waking up with a straight boy in my bed at the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
32. Washington. Sausage sighting of a pilot in the men's room at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
33. Arizona. In Flagstaff during the Great Redneck Roundup of 1995, Lane and I hooked up with a Hispanic waiter.
34. New Mexico. Summer 2004: visiting my friend Larry in Santa Fe, cruising in the Navajo Nation, and picking up Jason, the Tucumcari Twink.
35. Oklahoma. On the way back to Los Angeles from my semester in Nashville, I stopped for the night at a hotel, and went to a gay bar.
36. Texas. A year (actually just 9 horrible months) in Hell-fer-Sartain, the worst place in the world, but the most memorable was the New Age/Astrology devotee. I drove all the way down to Galveston to spend the night with him, and in the morning accidentally dropped a ceramic bowl full of plums. That seemed symbolic, somehow.
45. Alabama. During my semester in Nashville, Larry and I drove to Huntsville, Alabama to see the U.S. Space Center. I met an older African-American man who argued about all the good George Wallace did for the country. We brought him home anyway.
46. Arkansas. While driving back from Hell-fer-Sartain, Texas, I stopped at a rest stop with a glory hole, and watched a guy in the next stall.
50. Missouri. 36 hours of cruising at Lambert International Airport, but I'm going to go with the guy I met at a diner on the way back from Hell-fer-Sartain, Texas.
51. Tennessee. When I was a kid, we visited Smoky Mountains National Park, on the border of Tennessee and Kentucky, and I got a nice sausage sighting of a teenage Indian god.
The full list, with nude photos and explicit sexual content, is on Tales of West Hollywood.