Jan 1, 2017
Top 10 Hunks of "Supergirl"
Cousin Kal-El is rarely mentioned by name. Kara (Melissa Benoist) fights villains on her own, notably her Aunt Astra from Krypton, who wants to take over the world.
Meanwhile she butt heads with her two bosses, the media mogul Cat Grant (Calista Flockheart) and Hank Henshaw (David Harewood), head of the alien-hunting DEO.
And negotiates a relationship with her older, non-superpowered sister (Chyler Leigh), who also works for the DEO.
And ruminates endlessly over romantic relationships.
It's very complicated, deliberately silly, and entirely gay-free. Fortunately, the beefcake is endless. Here are the top 10 hunks of the first season.
1. Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott, Kara's quirky bff and computer-hacking Scooby. Jordan wanted his character to be gay, but the producers nixed that idea, instead giving him an unrequited crush on Kara.
2. Mehcad Brooks as a beefed-up Jimmy Olson, here "James," a Pulitzer-prize winning photographer who has on-off relationships with both Kara and Lucy Lane (Lois's younger sister).
3. Peter Facinelli as Maxwell Lord, a hunky, fast-talking super-scientist who heads a multi-billion dollar tech firm, has an on-off relationship with Kara's sister, and alternates between villain and ally.
4. Robert Gant as Zor-El, Kara's father back on Krypton, in flashbacks and holo-scenes. He hasn't taken off his shirt yet, but one can home.
5. Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, aka the Flash, guest-starring from his own series. His bulge enters a room three seconds before the rest of him.
More after the break.