nudity of the swinging 1960s. Still, there were plenty of muscular guys around, taking showers, climbing into bed, or being strapped to tables for weird experiments. You just had to know where to look. Here are the Top 10 Beefcake Horror Movies:
1. Daughters of Darkness (1971): John Karlen, the gay-vague Willie Loomis of Dark Shadows, plays a hip artist who stumbles upon a couple of female vampires. You get a lot of butt shots, and a glimpse of Willie's willy in a shower-sex scene.
2. Malpertuis, aka The Legend of Doom House (1971): A Belgian movie about an androgynous sailor (Matthieu Carrier), who is abducted and brought to a creepy house populated by Greek gods, all of whom have sexual designs on him.
Nicholas Cortland gets frogged to death in the shower.
4. Flesh for Frankenstein, aka Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (1973): Baron Von Frankenstein tries to build a sex-machine monster out of Srdjan Zelenovic (top photo), while his nude boyfriend, Andy Warhol regular Joe Dallesandro, tries to save him. But be careful -- there are an awful lot of bare breasts on display.
5. Devil Times Five (1974). Five crazy kids, including future teen idol Leif Garrett, invade a winter resort and cause mayhem. But guest Taylor Lacher still has time to strip down and make out with his wife. There's also a seduction of a mentally-challenged handyman.
early teen idol days or on Star Trek, you can see him here as a guy battling small-town Satanists. Look for the film debut of John Travolta as "Danny."
7. The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (1975): Michael Sarrazin, who took off his clothes frequently in 1970s dramas, here hangs out in the swimming pool a lot while figuring out that he's the reincarnation of his girlfriend's murdered Dad.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 riffs....College student Chase Cordell gets hit by a meteor fragment and goes on a rampage. He also took off his shirt in the grindhouse Sins of Rachel (1972).
10. Coma (1978). Half-naked musclemen (and women) are being kept in comas to harvest for organs. Among them is Tom Selleck, a few years before he became Magnum, P.I.