Apr 24, 2018
The Most Exclusive Athletes at the Most Exclusive Boarding Schools in the U.S.
There are 10,693 private secondary schools, usually local (the students live at home), run by religious organizations. Tuition is usually around $5000 per year.
And there are about 300 private boarding schools, where the students live full time. Tuition, room, and board are pricy, running $40,000 per year or more, so these schools draw the children of the rich and powerful.
They are known for beautiful campuses, rich traditions, many educational opportunities (you can learn Hindi, publish your novel, or build your own robot), and wackos.
Seriously, nearly everyone I have ever met who went to a boarding school was crazy as a loon.
Here are the most exclusive athletes at the most exclusive boarding schools in the U.S. (many athletes are under 18, so adults will have to wait a few years to ask them out).
1. Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, Connecticut, known as the alma mater of President John F. Kennedy and gay playwright Edward Albee, and for the snub on Family Guy to the effect that Choate guys are up for anything.
These are two cross-country athletes, one with biceps.
2. Church Farm School in Exton, Pennsylvania. Sounds like three random words put together, but it's actually an Episcopal school founded in 1918. Boys only, 190 students.
I couldn't find any athletes, so here are some singers.
4. Groton School in Groton, Massachusetts, another Episcopal school. It's the alma mater of generations of Roosevelts, including the sons, grandsons, and great-grandsons of Franklin and Theodore.
Students apparently play shirtless on the grass.
5. I'm thinking that the Wolfpack is not the best name for the athletic teams at the Hyde School in Bath, Maine. But this wrestler has a nice physique.
More after the break
6. The Kent School in Kent, Connecticut , Episcopal, 570 students. It's the alma mater of Treat Williams, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, former secretary of state Cyrus Vance, and my friend Zack.
Three swimmers, all in different suits.
An Exeter wrestler.
This is the water polo team. They wouldn't do anything as jejune as swimming and diving.
It has a golf team.