Apr 14, 2017
10 Things You Should Know About Scottish Kilts
2. Kilts have no pockets. You put your personal items in the sporran, a pouch that hangs down in front. The sporran also serves to symbolize your sex organs.
3. Scottish soldiers would remove their kilts and charge wearing only their shirts. This tactic was meant to shock the enemy.
5. Today many men wear kilts to demonstrate Celtic pride, whether or not they are Scottish.
6. And rainbow kilts for gay pride festivals.
8. Many movies and tv shows have depicted men trying to peek under Scotsmen's kilts to see if they wear anything underneath.
A man trying to get a glimpse of another man's penis makes for quite a homoerotic spectacle.
9. In fact, the kilt was designed to be worn without underwear. Most men still don't wear anything underneath.
10. You can buy "Official Kilt Inspector" t-shirts at the tourist shops in Scotland.
There are sausage sightings of men in kilts on Tales of West Hollywood.
See also: Celtic Festivals; and Why Every Gay Man Should Have a Pair of Lederhosen.