Apr 6, 2016
Carl Milles: The Swedish Sculptor of Naked Men
Many of the most homoerotic are collected or reproduced in the Millesgården, an art gallery and sculpture garden in Stockholm.
1. The Sunsinger, 1926, dedicated to the poem "Song of the Sun," by Esaias Tegnér, a 19th century bishop, translator, and founder of the Gothic League, for young patriotic men. The original lacks a head and arms. You're not supposed to be looking at the head.
3.William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, being guided by a very buffed angel, 1948.
5. The Spirit of Transportation, 1952, an Indian carrying a canoe.
7. The Astronomer, 1940, a naked man looking at the stars, 1940.
8. Europa and the Bull, 1942. This time Zeus appears as a bull to seduce a woman, but in the fountain, they're surrounded by muscular naked tritons (sea gods).
10. Poseidon, 1930: another naked man, carrying a fish and a seashell, while tritons squirt water at him.
11. Skating Angels, 1948: naked boy angels.
13. The Hand of God, 1953, a naked man balanced on a hand.
15. Man and Pegasus, 1949: a naked man flying alongside the flying horse.
See also: The Top 12 Public Penises of Finland