Link to the n*de dudes
Awhile ago I reviewed the first episode of Adults (2025): a contemporary Friends with five young adult friends in New York, three guys and two girls, one Black and one South Asian. They hate their jobs and pursue "will they or won't they?" romances; I don't know if they dance in a fountain while singing "Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA."
But I recently had a bagel sandwich in my hands and no time to search, so I clicked on whatever popped up first on Hulu. It was Adults Episode 1.8, with the not-gay black guy and a random white guy being victimized by a bullying teenage girl. I fast-forwarded through the all-girl scenes, and ended up near the end, with the two in a car, consoling each other with "You're not as bad as she says." They move in for a kiss, but the bully interrupts them: "I knew you were doing bedroom stuff with each other."
WTF? Did they decide to have the "not gay" black guy come out after all, and give him a boyfriend? But the first episode went into excruciating detail about the Girl of His Dreams, who lives next door but he is always too tongue-tied to ask out.
After extensive research, I figured it out. I've never seen Adults before. The show I reviewed was Not Suitable for Work (2026), which is also about five young adult friends in New York, three guys and two girls, one Black, one South Asian. They hate their jobs and pursue "will they or won't they?" romances, and probably dance in a fountain while singing "Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA."
Scene 1: The Friends haven't checked their mailbox in months. They go through it.
"My parents are in Jackson Hole," Samir (Malik Elassal, doing gay stuff on RG Beefcake and Boyfriends) announces.
"Who's Jackson, and how do they both fit inside? Paul Baker asks. Kind of a sleazoid, aren't you, buddy?
Paul Baker gets a notice that his visa is expiring, so he has to leave the U.S. and move back to Canada. Everyone is horrified. Can I come with you?
Scene 2: The immigration lawyer says that he has no choice: go back to Canada and apply for a new visa."How does this happen to our most well-hung countrymen?" Girlfriend Issa moans. We have a backside on RG Beefcake and Boyfriends, but no d*cks, so I'll have to take your word for it.
"You could get married," Blond Billie suggests.
"That's visa fraud! It's against the law!"
"But it's not illegal," Samir points out. I guess he's the Joey, the Stupid One of the group.
Girlfriend Issa offers to marry Paul Baker: "We have a beautiful spiritual connection, and you obviously worship my lady parts."
He consents. Everyone hugs and congratulates him. Near-Kiss Anton (Owen Thiele, right) looks uncomfortable, thinking that they were going to start a romance. Well, ask him yourself.
Problem: Years ago, Girlfriend Issa married a guy named Zach-Carlos as a joke. They have to convince him to grant her a divorce.
Scene 3: Appointment with the priest. She's Catholic? 88% of the population of India is Hindu, so I figured.... Paul Baker doesn't want to lie to a Man of God, so he reveals that they're actually getting married so he can stay in the country.
"Have you consummated your relationship yet?" The priests asks.
"No," Girlfriend Issa responds. "Well, in my mouth, and sometimes in my bottom, but no s*x." Those things don't count?
The priest is satisfied that they're living chastely, but Paul Baker blurts out "That's not true. We have s*x all the time."
He refuses to perform the wedding, but because of the visa fraud, not because of the bedroom stuff.
More after the break
Scene 3: Near-Kiss Anton and Samir the Dumb One visit Zach-Carlos (Julian Majerico), the guy married to Girlfriend Issa. He is delighted to see them; apparently they're old friends.
When I search for Zach-Carlos, Google asks "Are you sure you don't mean Zack?", and when I search for Zack-Carlos, it asks; "Are you sure you don't mean Zach?" I guess no one knows which it really is.
When he discovers that Paul Baker is living with the Friends, he gets angry: he asked to move in, and they said the apartment was capped at four. Now there are five!
He refuses to sign the divorce papers unless the guys let him move in to their place.
Scene 4: Paul Baker, Samir the Dumb One, and Near-Kiss Anton are at a club, cheering at an adult performer. Wait -- I thought Anton was gay. Oh, it's Girlfriend Issa, fooling around. Meanwhile Blonde Billie is flirting with a male-female couple, hoping to be invited home. The man is John Reynolds (on RG Beefcake and Boyfriends).
The guys are acting weird, so Girlfriend Issa sends them away and drills Samir the Dumb One for intel: Zach-Carlos won't sign the papers granting the divorce. He suggests telling Paul Baker the truth, but Girlfriend Issa would rather lie.
Scene 5: The cute bartender (Noah de Mel) gives Near-Kiss Anton his drink on the house. Paul Baker suggests that he make a move: "Don't you want your dry martini a little dirty?"
"Maybe I should. I'm having a dry spell." Don't you mean that your love life's DOA?
They discuss the wedding. Paul Baker always imagined an elaborate wedding, outdoors, with glowsticks at the after party. "Maybe you're not ready to get married, but you don't want to disappoint us by returning to Canada," Anton suggests.
Meanwhile, Blonde Billie continues her flirtation with the couple. When the wife goes to the bathroom, the husband reveals that he's not into it. He doesn't like doing stuff with strangers; he wants to stay home and have kids.
Blonde Billie isn't having it. "Tonight is not about you. It's not about your wife. It's about me. I'm having a dry spell (so are all of the Friends), and I need this. So man up and f*ck us both. And we're doing bottom stuff."
Scene 6: The guys tell Zach-Carlos about the crazy things that have happened in the last seven episodes, to dissuade him from wanting to move into their place. It doesn't work. Samir the Dumb One loses his cool: "You're crazy and annoying, and I hate you. Just sign the papers, please."
He still refuses because "Paul Baker is an illegal alien who's sleeping with my wife, so I'm involved." He also reveals that Paul Baker is canonically bi. TV bi, that is, who only dates women. Until the near-kiss.
"How about if we introduce you to Paul Baker?" Near-Kiss Anton asks. "You'll love him."
Scene 7: At the courthouse. As they wait, Girlfriend Issa is having second thoughts. She grabs Blond Billie and exclaims "I can' t do this! But if I don't, Paul Baker will be deported, and..."
Meanwhile, Paul Baker is waiting with his three best men (Anton, Samir the Dumb One, and Zach-Carlos, who invited himself along).
The bride appears -- but it's Blond Billie! She explains that Girlfriend Issa dropped out, so she'll marry him. Well, you did date, so he's familiar with your lady parts.
Samir the Dumb One says "No, I'll marry him. He cooks my meals, he remembers my passwords." But is he familiar with your man parts?
"You're not even gay," Billie protests.
"I'll give it a try."
Girlfriend Issa has had enough. "It doesn't matter. Any of us will marry you. Just choose one." His POV is directed at Billie, then Samir, then Issa. Why aren't we seeing Anton?
Scene 8: At home, everyone is laughing and eating wedding cake. Paul Baker comes in, and Girlfriend Issa tells him that he has to sit next to his "literal spouse." As he walks past the couch, each of them scoots over. What for? They know who he picked. So do we, obviously.
He sits next to Anton, of course. The others force them to kiss: a little peck. But then they kiss for real. Everyone is shocked, and the guys, embarrassed, move to sit apart. Then the lights go out: they forgot to pay the electric bill.
My Grade: Adults is a little too raunchy for my tastes. Ok, a lot raunchy. And I'm not sure why a gay guy and a bi guy would resist dating; is it just to maintain the "will they or won't they?" tension? But at least there are gay and bi guys, plus the "I'll try anything with anybody" Billie. I can't say the same for the straightcasted Not Safe for Work. B.
On RG Beefcake and Boyfriend: this review was a little d*ck light, so I included one of Mason Gooding, who is not associated with either program.
Overcompensating: Gay college boy wants a hetero romance to prove his worth. With no plot twists but a lot of cute guys. With Owen Thiele.










No comments:
Post a Comment
No offensive, insulting, racist, or homophobic comments are permitted.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.